Our employees have so much fun, they stay... with experts in the field that have 20+ years under their belt working at BASCO.
Customer Service Representative
The CSR works through multiple service channels to consistently provide a high level of customer service. They navigate customers to solutions that help them get the job done and they drive sales growth by engaging in actions that identify leads for further selling opportunities with every customer. This CSR reports directly to the Customer Service Manager and may take direction from other department Managers. This position has significant daily interaction with customers, other team members, and members of the Sales staff. Work is performed in an office environment with most of the time being spent sitting when serving customers on the phone, but may require the need to go into the warehouse for customer service information. Verbal and written communication skills are also needed; regular use of a computer, keyboard and mouse are required.
Basco’s typical operating hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Executes and demonstrates Basco’s “Nice Touch” that are expected of each and every employee.
- Assists customers in the selection of product by effectively communicating product and service offerings over the phone, fax or email.
- Uses the company’s operating system to provide information on pricing, availability and alternate product selection to complete customer transactions. Always asks for the sale when quoting the customer.
- Utilizes effective probing and listening skills to generate additional sales and lead opportunities. Recognizes and responds to cross-sell opportunities and is able to successfully convert quotes into orders.
- Resolves customer problems promptly and accurately in a manner that will retain and promote customer loyalty.
- Uses RM notes to efficiently record and process orders, faxes, pending returns, returns, debits, credits, sourcing orders, inquiries, feedback and quotes. Captures lost sales to improve inventory.
- Guides customers to other internal resources such as Credit, Purchasing or Sales as necessary.
- Meets established phone availability goals to service the customer and can adhere to a given schedule.
- Takes personal ownership for meeting all established individual and team goals and expectations.
- Works effectively with others in a team environment to accomplish company goals and to identify and resolve problems.
- Performs necessary housekeeping duties to maintain a clean, safe and organized working environment.
- Demonstrates a commitment to provide superior customer service.
- Effective communicator, comfortable interacting with customers and internal partners in a professional manner in person and via the phone.
- Is aware of own strengths and weaknesses. Is open to developmental feedback and takes responsibility for personal development.
- Must be computer literate and able to learn required software programs.
- Professional in appearance, attitude and action.
Paid Holiday & Vacations
Job Type: Full-Time
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Customer Service Representative Application” in the subject line.