55 Gallon Steel Drum, Open Head, UN Rated, Bolt Ring
An Open Head 55 Gallon Steel Drum with Product Preservation and Long Life.
With a rust inhibitor interior, this black open head 55 gallon steel drum is made to safely store and transport both non-hazardous and hazardous chemicals, inks, detergents, lubricants, and more without rust formation.*
- Constructed of first quality cold rolled steel: 17 gauge body to ensure strength, durability, and long life
- 3 standard rolling hoops included
- Includes a 12 gauge bolt type locking ring closure, 5/8" bolt, nut and EPDM gasket
- Quality environmental containers: Can be recycled, reconditioned, or repurposed
- A good hazardous materials container: UN Rated 1A2/Y1.8/200 and 1A2/X400/S
This open head 55 gallon drum is designed, manufactured, and certified to meet UN requirements for hazardous materials under DOT 49 CFR.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: Rust inhibitor applied to the interior of unlined steel containers is an antioxidant that helps inhibit the formation of rust during transit and storage - it does not prevent rusting. Under ideal (clean, low humidity) conditions, drums with rust inhibitor can be stored for up to 30 days without rusting. If empty drums will be stored for longer periods or in higher humidity conditions, consider a phenolic or epoxy lining.
|Cover||Steel w/ Bolt Ring|
|Interior||Unlined with Rust Inhibitor|
|Liquid UN Rating||1A2/Y1.8/200|
|Solid UN Rating||1A2/X400/S|
|Outer Height||34 1/2"|